photo header_zps0f91e2d9.jpg photo ex_zps61d55d43.jpg photo home_zps85f688be.jpg photo about_zpsa1ea80b7.jpg photo contact_zps4aa39ec8.jpg photo links_zps1c63dfd5.jpg photo twitter_zps89adcf86.jpg photo ex1_zps4edc29b7.jpg

Black & White Project

Friday, January 17, 2014

It's been two months since I moved into my new Edgewater apartment and I am finally getting a move on my living room design. When I left my last apartment, I went a little crazy and sold most of my furniture. A fresh start=shopping! So I decided to switch things up a bit and make this space a tad more modern, but also keep some of my beloved vintage decor. The easiest way to get started was to come up with a color scheme, or so I thought. But with my mind racing with a million color options, I decided to make this real easy on myself: black & white. How classic!

Through my search, I gravitated towards more neutrals than I did to bold blacks and stark whites. I ended up picking out a huge sisal rug, and some dark chocolate end tables from my fave, Joss & Main. 
I of course splurged and bought some gorgeous black and white pillows to tie back in my black & white design. But with my lucite coffee table and grey, velvet sofa from West Elm, things were coming together! 
Last but not least I threw in some classic chrome lamps, and a couple of my abstract paintings. While the room is still a work in progress, I'm excited to see the apartment transform into a home. 

Shopping List: 


I could not find the exact lamps I found, but put a similar west elm lamp in its place for the style board. I also included a Jen Ramos piece in there that is similar to my paintings. Check back soon for my next style board of living room decor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment